Sophos is an award-winning cybersecurity company that offers top-notch security software for businesses and consumers. It provides what it claims to be, and it has already proven its mettle in the industry. We must mention, its advanced malware scanner could stop all the existing and emerging malware threats from attacking the system. It is capable of providing comprehensive protection to 10 systems and that too both Mac and Windows. The best attribute is it is cost-effective and have the lowest price charge. Its parental web filters are to die for since it restricts the kids from seeing objectionable material online. The interface and intuitiveness are pretty good, and it is not all complicated. Furthermore, it offers various add-on features, such as parental website filters and real-time ransomware protection. The cherry on the cake is Sophos only take 10 minutes to set up on the system fully. And the most fantastic attribute is even if you run a full-fledged scan, it has a minimal effect on the computer’s CPU power. On top of everything, Sophos offers customer support via three mediums such as live chat support, Knowledge base and email support. If your pocket is small and you have no budget to invest in antivirus software. Then you can turn your heads towards Sophos free version. Since without spending a single penny, you get real-time antivirus protection, malicious URL protection, remote management for up to 3 devices and content filters for parents. Isn’t it so cool? So, what are you waiting for? Go and download this free version right now!
We are highly impressed by its scanning capabilities since within no time it blocked and removed malware threats, including viruses, ransomware, Trojans, spyware and rootkits. As a welcome edition, Sophos offers web protection, parental control tool and remote device management. The best attribute of Sophos is that you can without any hassle manage its features up to 10 devices. Even beginners can get their hands on it as it offers impeccable ease of use. It is best for users looking for easy ways to change security settings, run malware scans, and manage parental control settings on multiple devices at once. Moreover, we are not impressed with the feature that demands the user to open Sophos’s online dashboard to configure the settings and access all the features. It is a compatible software that never fails to surprise you. Since it is always on the toes to offer incessant, reliable protection against all types of existing and emerging malware and internet security threats. It is one of the reasonably priced software, and on top of everything, you get a free trial and 30-day money-back guarantee. We can assuredly say that it is minimalistic in terms of both features and design. It guarantees a near-to-perfect detection rate. In a nutshell, this top-notch software’s advanced settings and remote management feature are to die for.
- Sophos Antivirus Software offers artificial intelligence-based real-time protection, including web protection, webcam protection, parental web filtering and remote management.
- User can effortlessly and straightforwardly manage the program’s security feature.
- Sophos Antivirus offers next-level web protection as it blocks counterfeit phishing links and all malware-infected URLs.
- As a bonus feature, you also get parental content filtering tool.
- It holds the potential to protect from keylogging scams by competently encrypting keystrokes.
How To Deal With Sophos Antivirus Installation Error 1920
Sometimes during installation and up-gradation, you will spot error 1920. Don’t get panic by seeing it as it is a generic Windows Service Control Start error message. It explicitly appears during Sophos Antivirus installation, mainly when a required resource can’t be accessed or be found. To fix this issue, you are required to follow the troubleshooting steps. Though the steps are lengthy and it can get overwhelming at some point in time. But don’t give up in between since the results at the end make up for all the efforts.
- Re-register msxm14.dll- First of all, click on Start, then on the Run option. After that, type %windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe msxml4.dll and subsequently press on Enter.
- Now, double-click the Sophos Anti-Virus.msi file to see if the problem is fixed or not.
- Look for Registry Permissions for HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID: First of all open the Registry Editor.
- After that, navigate to HKEY_Classes_Root\CLSID. Now, right-click on CLSID and then select Permission option.
- Now, click on an advanced option in mandate to verify that the key is inheriting permissions. After that, make a backup copy of the registry key and then add a checkmark in order to inherit permissions. At last, close the Advanced Security window.
- Next, in the permission windows group or user names list, check out if any users are missing. If it is missing then add them and if it is not, then delete them. After that, click on Ok option and close the Registry Editor.
- After that, double-click the Sophos Antivirus file to check if the issue is fixed or not.
- Look for Group Policy Restrictions: If the computer is on a network, you will notice a Group Policy restriction set on the systemthat will be preventing the NT Authority\Local Service account from launching with a service.
- First of all, click on Start and then on the Run option. After that, type rsop.MSC and then press on Enter option. It will open the Resultant Set of the Policy file.
- In this file, all the policies that are applied to the computer or user will be listed. Now, compare them to those on a system that was successful at installing Sophos Antivirus software.
- In case, you are able to find an offending policy, then correct it and then double-click on the Sophos Antivirus.msi file to check if it is successful at fixing the problem or not.
- Sophos Antivirus Software:In case, Sophos Antivirus service is listed in Windows services, then change the log on account from local service to local system as it works the best. And if the service is not there, then run the Sophos msi from the share adds.
- First and foremost, open Windows Services by clicking on Start and then on the Run option. After that, type services. MSC and then right-click on Sophos Antivirus service. Now select properties option and after that, click on the Log On Tab.
- Now, select a local system and apply the changes.
- After that, click on Retry option on the error message and restart it manually.
Even after following all the steps, if you fail to troubleshoot the issue, your last resort should be getting in touch with the Sophos Antivirus Software support team.
Final Thoughts- Sophos Antivirus Software
Our experience with Sophos Antivirus software was pretty good. We can astutely say that it is a cost-effective security software with high malware detection rate. An eye-catching feature is an intuitive dashboard and remote management system. Moreover, the real-time monitoring feature doesn’t degrade the performance of the PC. Go for its near-perfect and spotless malware detection rate. Get your hands on it as it definitely deserves a lot more than just a try.